Horse Hole Creek

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horse Hole Creek

100 acres of mud, rocks, trails, and racing for Trucks & ATV's!

3 posters

Trade My YJ For Your 4X4 4 Wheeler

toyotatraxx
    toyotatraxx

Trade My YJ For Your 4X4 4 Wheeler Empty Trade My YJ For Your 4X4 4 Wheeler

Post  toyotatraxx Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 am

I have a 92 Yj I Want To Trade For A Four Wheeler
    palumohan

Trade My YJ For Your 4X4 4 Wheeler Empty Re: Trade My YJ For Your 4X4 4 Wheeler

Post  palumohan Fri May 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Unfortunately efficiency & 4x4's don't exactly go hand in hand. The styling (like a brick) and the extra weight of the all wheel drive transmission mean that fuel economy isn't exactly great (although it is approaching large family car levels with newer ones). Carbon emissions are also higher than your average family car so you will be paying more tax unless, like me, you buy an older model (pre Y reg). You may also (depending on where you live) incur the wrath of the aforementioned anti-4x4 brigade especially if all you are using it for is the school run!
    What you have to ask yourself is do you really need a 4x4 or will a large family car or estate do instead. Both will yield better fuel economy than a 4x4, be cheaper to run/repair (especially if it is to be used in cities & towns) and put you in a lower tax bracket too so there is a big saving to be made there. Obviously they aren't going to be much cop when crossing a field or in areas that are likely to get snowed in so if you live in a country area then a 4x4 might be more useful to you. Remember too that bigger is not necessarily safer for you, your passengers nor other road users just more metal to cut you out from if you do have a bad accident.
    ==============================
    Seo | Cheap Seo
    chrissy352
    chrissy352

Post  chrissy352 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Larry its a really good jeep. I would so buy it if I had the money!!! I really like it! I would trade the four wheeler but I dont think it would be a good deal for you guys! Its acting up. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 pm